| working on a class book |
| Elliott thinking about what he was going to draw on his page of the class book |
| Our "in-house" field trip!! The Magic House |
| Kenzie being a "helper" |
| Aaron being a "helper" |
| using our sense of smell trying to guess what the balloon was filled with... cinnamon |
| Elizabeth and Brendan being "helpers" |
| During Jesus time we pretend to be David... tossed beanbags at Goliath |
| Ivan and Brody working in the sensory table |
| Kenzie working in the Literacy Center |
| Bella working in the Literacy Center |
The children enjoyed our "in-house" field trip today!! The Magic House!!! Today we learned about our 5 senses!!! The children did a wonderful job and had a great time!
We also read a story and made a class book. The story was " I went walking down the Road...." It was a fun book to read because it had lots of rhyming words. I then asked the children to fill in the sentence... I went walking.... I then wrote what they said and they colored the pictures. It was fun and will be fun to share :)
During Jesus time we read a David and Goliath book. The children did an amazing job remembering the story(from last week) and understanding the main message. You do not need to be afraid when you have God on your side. After reading the story we pretended to be David and took turns throwing beanbags at Goliath(a large paper cut out picture). As they threw the beans bags I asked them to say,
"I'm not afraid!!!" And then I asked them why they (or why David)wasn't afraid? And they all answered because God is on my side!!! It was very exciting to watch and they children loved this activity!!!
Important Dates:
Muffins for Moms: Weds. Nov 9 at 7am in the cafeteria. Please come and have a muffin with your child and then if time allows stay for chapel(which will begin at 8)
Food Drive: Begins this week and I will send an email with more information
No comments:
Post a Comment