Wednesday, April 25, 2012

HAVING FUN ON THE PLAYGROUND!!

MIRANDA

ISAAC

GRACE


BRODY

ALL THE KIDS WERE PLAYING TOGETHER
IN ONE AREA


WAITING FOR THE STORY



GRACE WAS OUR PRAYER LEADER TODAY

SAM ENJOYING MILK

SNACK TIME

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MIX....
RED AND BLUE

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MIX.....
RED AND YELLOW

ENJOYING MIXING COLORS

WAITING FOR JESUS TIME.....




We did a science experiment....  mixing paint colors to see what happens.....
I asked the kids what they thought would happen if we mixed....
Bella: blue and red= I don't know
Brody: red and yellow= green
Brendan: red and blue=I don't know
Sam: red and yellow= orange
Kenzie:blue and yellow= I don't know...well will I get pink?
Grace: blue and yellow- I don't know... maybe red
Isaac: red and blue= I don't know maybe what Grace got...
Miranda: blue and red= I don't know
Aaron: red and blue= I don't know maybe white.... no pink
Ivan: blue and yellow= I don't know

It was fun to see the kiddos reactions to discovering a new color.  Since we have not done this with the kids before I did not expect the children to know what would happen and when they got to see the colors change was a lot of fun!!! We will hang their colorful art work next week(when it dries:) )
We will do more color experiments next week!

During Jesus time we heard the bible story of Zacchaeus.
It was just a brief introduction and we will continue with this story next week:)
Also next week we are going to do some of our own gardening.... well.....
we are going to plant a rock garden:)
The children are loving the gardening unit and I thought it would be fun to actually do some gardening.  However, we realistically do not have enough time to plant flowers, so a rock garden would be fun too.
To help us do this we need a few donations.......

dollar store garden gloves

dollar store garden tools(kid friendly)... I also saw very cute kid friendly garden tools at Target on their dollar rack

garden decorations

one large rock/per child... no large then a fist

1 brick

pea(or peat) gravel..... I am not a gardener so I was trying to look up the difference between the 2...... without really figuring it out.... any advice is very welcomed :)

I plan, weather permitting, to do this May 2... please dress your children garden attire......  old clothes that can get dirty :)

THANK YOU!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment