Wednesday, September 7, 2011
































FARM ANIMALS:

We had such a wonderful day after such a long time away..... we started a new unit--- we are going to start learning about farm animals!!! I asked the children to brainstorm what animals they thought were farm animals...... check out what they said---- it will be hanging in the classroom. The farm animal we started with today: PIGS! We made and painted our very own pigs as well as learned a finger play about pigs.
10 Little Pigs
!0 little pigs rolled in the mud-
squishy, squashy- felt so good
Farmer took one out.
Oink, Oink, Oink, the pig did shout!

Continue with 9, 8, so forth
until no more piggy in the mud.

In gym class, we played Red light, Green light but I showed pictures of farm animals and then I asked the children to pretend to be that animal...... everyone did a good job!

We are also continuing with the Creation Story during Jesus time. We are learning a new song to help us learn what God created on each day. I will send home copies of it on Monday so you can practice with your child at home.

Monday is Chapel day.
Thank you to those who sent a picture today---- if you have not sent a picture, please bring one the next time your child attends school. Thank You!




No comments:

Post a Comment